Several factors, including genetics, determine hair types and texture. Straight hair is widely popular. There are four hair textures: straight, wavy, curly, and coily.
No matter what type of hair, your hair turning gray is a natural cycle of dying and then regenerating. However, some people experience premature graying when they are young. What are the possible safe gray hair treatments that are just right for every type of hair? You can know if a gray hair treatment is safe when it uses natural ingredients rather than harmful ingredients like sulfate, paraben, and formaldehyde.
In this article, you will find out what works best to cover your grays regardless of your hair type. You will also find hair care tips to properly care for your mane and learn about what ingredients you should look at before buying a hair treatment product.
Home Remedies for Gray Hair
If you’re worried about your gray hair, you can make lifestyle changes to help you keep your original hair color longer. Another remedy you can easily do at home is using home ingredients like coffee, black tea, lemon, etc. However, a hair treatment is one of the easiest ways to remove gray hairs. The only problem is that hair treatments usually contain harsh chemicals that are dangerous to your health and the environment. To find out which hair treatment products are safe, you should look for products that use natural and organic ingredients. Read on to know more about the best hair treatment for your hair type.
What are the Four Types of Hair and How Should They be Cared for?
We often end up choosing the wrong hair care products for our hair because we don’t know our hair type. Knowing your hair type can help you determine the hair care routine that works for you. While it’s easy to spot straight hair, you might get confused with wavy, curly, and coily types.
Find out your hair texture to better care for it. Continue reading to discover about hair types.
Hair Type 1: Straight Hair
Straight hair resists curling. From roots to tips, it's flat. Many hair professionals advocate checking a product's ingredients before buying it to ensure it won't add oil to Type 1 hair.
To care for this type of hair, you must:
- Wash it regularly to avoid oil buildups.
- Use vitamin E or grapefruit seed oil to protect natural oils. It will increase your hair's health without weighing it down.
- Avoid sleeping with wet hair to avoid morning frizz.
Hair Type 2: Wavy Hair
Wavy hair doesn't curl or straighten. S-shaped waves for wavy hair. If your wavy hair is mostly straight, it may lack volume. To care for this type of hair, follow these simple tips:
- Use a shampoo for curly or wavy hair once or twice a week. Over-shampooing will make your hair dry and frizzy.
- Use conditioner often to moisturize your hair as well.
- Avoid hot water when rinsing your hair as it may increase frizz.
Hair Type 3: Curly Hair
Naturally, curly hair is categorized as spiral curls. This type of hair has distinct curls that remain wavy regardless of how much it is straightened. It is also more prone to frizz and tangling than straight and wavy hair and has a higher density than both. To effectively care for this type of hair, select an appropriate shampoo. Check out more helpful tips below:
- Use a shampoo free of harmful compounds like sulfate, silicon, and paraben.
- Another hair care suggestion is to refrain from brushing curly hair. Before shampooing, comb your curly hair with a wide-toothed comb, and after shampooing, comb your hair with your fingers.
- Never brush wet hair, as it is more susceptible to damage and breaking.
Hair Type 4: Coils
Coily hair looks coarse and rough. It is easily prone to damage if not cared for. This type of hair has a high density with extremely tight curls. Coily curls are fragile and require extra care. To properly care for coily hair, here are the steps you can take:
- Use natural oils or hair butter that gives your hair enough moisture and to be less prone to damage.
- Avoid hair products that contain silicones as they may make your hair dry and harder to manage.
- Sleeping with a scarf to protect your hair can do wonders.
Organic and Safe Gray Hair Treatment for All types of Hair
Now, you may start wondering, which hair treatment is best for me if I have a hair texture sensitive to the product's ingredients? Choosing the proper hair treatment to cover your grays is essential since this will affect the overall condition of your hair. But, don’t worry! We have the right product for you!
Mayraki’s Anti Grey Restoring Treatment is an anti-gray hair treatment that restores your hair’s natural color without using dyes and pigments. It is a safe, non-irritant, and long-term alternative to cover up the grays of your hair. It also uses ingredients free of sulfates and parabens and a vegan formula that ensures a gentle effect on the hair and scalp.
Here’s a related blog on how the natural anti gray hair treatment works:
The following are the benefits of the Anti Grey Restoring Treatment:
- It uses the latest hair technology to restore gray or white hair to its original color and nourish the hair from within.
- It also stimulates the natural pigmentation of the hair during regrowth.
- It helps rejuvenate hair cells and repigment the hair root to tip with patented active ingredients that boost melanin production.
- It promotes the stimulation of blood circulation.
Mayraki’s Anti Grey Restoring Treatment is safe for all hair types since it uses ingredients that are sulfate-free, paraben-free, and vegan formula to ensure a non-irritating and gentle effect on the hair and scalp.
You might think that restoring your natural hair color is hard and impossible. If you prefer your hair to have color, there are several home remedies and solutions. The one that works best for you depends on your hair type and the effort you make to make it possible. Choosing a safe gray hair treatment made of natural ingredients is one of the things you should look out for, as choosing the wrong product for your hair may lead to long-lasting damage.
Do you Want More Natural Hair Care Advice?
Check out our related topics for more information:
- Natural Anti Grey Hair Treatment That Works
- Organic Grey Hair Treatment: 7 Ingredients
- 7 Natural Hair Dyes: Color Your Hair at Home
- Safe Gray Hair Treatments for All Hair Types
- 7 Tips on How to Restore Grey Hair Naturally
- 5 Benefits of Sulfate-Free Hair Products
- Benefits of Using Paraben-Free Hair Products
- 5 Benefits of Formaldehyde-Free Hair Products
- Top 5 Benefits of Castor Oil for Hair