We are all living in bizarre times. As the whole world grapples with the COVID-19 coronavirus crisis, health authorities around the world are advising that social-distancing and self-isolation practices are crucial steps to help 'flatten the curve.' Which means the responsibility of grooming ourselves has definitely fallen entirely into our hands—no more trips to the salon.
Today, we are sharing hair care tips that you can treat yourself from the comfort of your home. So throw on a robe, start a bath, and play your favorite playlist!
WASH YOUR HAIR
Do you know that feeling you get when you're lying in the chair at the salon getting your hair shampooed? (I know, we miss it too!) We all need that right now. But you can also do it yourself, so grab your favorite products to start.
If you don't have a favorite product, or if you're not sure what you should be using, check out Mayraki Purifying Shampoo, a safe treatment which effectively combats curly, unruly hair, and damaged frizzy hair ends.
- Set a timer for 5 minutes and lather your shampoo into your hair.
- Channel your inner hairdresser and massage your scalp, starting with the hairline.
- Keep lathering until the timer goes off, and enjoy this time you're dedicating to yourself!
Bonus: A shampoo brush is always a worthwhile addition as well; it helps scrub your scalp clean, especially if there's a lot of product buildup.
DEEP CONDITIONING TREATMENT
Once you're all shampooed, now your hair is all ready for an even more relaxing deep conditioning. Our Organic Hydrolyzed Keratin Instant Smoother System treatments are suitable for everything from preventing split ends to healing damaged hair, and now is the perfect time to use them!
- Make sure to work the Keratin treatment thoroughly through your hair to the ends.
- Follow the instructions to determine how long to leave the treatment in.
- Once you've applied the treatment to your hair, proceed on the next step below.
WRAP YOUR HAIR
Wrapping your hair is one of the best things you can do for your hair health, especially if you have long hair! If you don't have a hair wrap, you can also use an old cotton t-shirt!
- Pile your hair on top of your head
- Wrap the t-shirt around your head to keep the hair in place.
- Let the treatment fully penetrate into hair strands for 30-min.
- Rinse off, and blow dry to 100% as straight as possible with a flat or round brush.
Lastly, don't forget to get enough sleep. Studies showed that one of the best ways to boost your immunity is to ensure you're getting enough sleep.
Give yourself permission to unwind, use your imagination, and always enjoy some of life's simple pleasures.