Do you want to know the secret to smooth and shiny hair? Keratin treatments. The de-frizzing process is more popular than ever, but can you afford it? What does it do, and how long will it last? There's a lot of mystery surrounding keratin treatments, so we created a handy guide to explain it all.
What is keratin treatment?
A keratin treatment is a chemical process that smooths and shines frizzy hair. Results can last up to six months. This treatment was created to offer a safe alternative to formaldehyde-laden Brazilian Keratin
I colored my hair. Can I still get a keratin treatment?
Yes! Unlike chemical-straightening relaxers, you can safely have dyed hair and a keratin treatment without the risk of damage. Mayraki Hydrolyzed Keratin treatment has done lab test which is safe on any hair type and helps to improve shine as well as moisture levels.
Everyone is concerned because of the formaldehyde in the formula. Still, for this 5th Generation of Mayraki Rinse-off Brazilian Keratin Smoother System, there isn't anymore in this than would be in nail polish. The only situation in which breakage does occur is when it goes too hard with the flat iron. Most importantly, all of our Mayraki Keratin systems are using nature extract, safe for a pregnant mom, and sensitive skin/scalp.
Can you do this at home?
You'll first need to buy the right products. Mayraki Hydrolyzed Keratin Instant Smoother System is a safe treatment that effectively combats curly, unruly hair, and damaged, frizzy hair ends.
Directions for Use:
1. Shampoo your hair twice using pre-treatment shampoo and towel dry your hair.
2. Apply Mayraki Keratin Treatment from root to tip and massage thoroughly to absorb into your hair.
3. Leave the treatment on your hair for 1-1.5 hours.
4. Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm or cold water and make sure there's no product buildup left on your hair.
5. Blow-dry your hair up to 70-80% and pass iron not more than ten times.
6. You will have amazing results, as shown in the video.